Windows 7 RC!!!

New news and release discussion.
motherboardlove
Donator

Windows 7 RC!!!

Post by motherboardlove »

Posted on TechNet!!!

Windows 7 RC Language Pack (x64) - DVD (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)

Includes: Release Candidate; 04-30-2009
Details
Keys
Download
556.05 (MB)

Windows 7 RC Language Pack (x86) - DVD (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)

Details
Keys
Download
507.63 (MB)

Windows 7 Ultimate RC (x64) - DVD (English)

Details
Keys
Download
3,119.30 (MB)

Windows 7 Ultimate RC (x86) - DVD (English)

Details
Keys
Download
2,413.73 (MB)

Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RC and Windows Server 2008 R2 RC (x86/x64/ia64) - DVD (English)

Includes: WAIK; 04-30-2009
Details
Keys
Download
1,435.54 (MB)

Windows Driver Kit for Windows 7 RC (x86, x64, and ia64) - DVD (English)

Includes: SDK and WDKs; 04-30-2009
Details
Keys
Download
604.25 (MB)

Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 7 RC (ia64) - DVD (English)

Details
Keys
Download
1,252.56 (MB)

Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 7 RC (x64) - DVD (English)

Details
Keys
Download
1,251.31 (MB)

Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 7 RC (x86) - DVD (English)
See my profile for my website link.

hougtimo

Re: Windows 7 RC!!!

Post by hougtimo »

Shocking.

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Beta (another app now prefixed "Windows..." - why oh why MS?! ) are also available XP Mode is a 445 MB .msi package and there are separate downloads available for x86 and x64, not sure why it is different for x86/x64 if it's just a VHD, maybe it also contains extensions for Virtual PC to make it integrate with the desktop - also it doesn't seem big enough to include a VHD, maybe it downloads the VHD once you've installed it.

Interestingly the screenshot here seems to show a Linux desktop even though the page only talks about virtualising Windows and Linux is not officially supported for VPC (the icons look Linuxy to me) and it also has that Longhorn-era wallpaper -

hougtimo

Post by hougtimo »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Beta (another app now prefixed "Windows..." - why oh why MS?! ) are also available XP Mode is a 445 MB .msi package and there are separate downloads available for x86 and x64, not sure why it is different for x86/x64 if it's just a VHD, maybe it also contains extensions for Virtual PC to make it integrate with the desktop - also it doesn't seem big enough to include a VHD, maybe it downloads the VHD once you've installed it.

Interestingly the screenshot here seems to show a Linux desktop even though the page only talks about virtualising Windows and Linux is not officially supported for VPC (the icons look Linuxy to me) and it also has that Longhorn-era wallpaper -

It's PLEX i tell you!!??!! WTF is with that, ms?

xeeynamo

Post by xeeynamo »

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

xeeynamo wrote:Hey, i've found this http://www.mininova.org/tor/2544024/
If you want it, it's on the Milestone 1 server (it is in the queue)

xeeynamo

Post by xeeynamo »

DjRob wrote:
xeeynamo wrote:Hey, i've found this http://www.mininova.org/tor/2544024/
If you want it, it's on the Milestone 1 server (it is in the queue)
Oh, thanks

dionet
Donator

Post by dionet »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Beta (another app now prefixed "Windows..." - why oh why MS?! ) are also available XP Mode is a 445 MB .msi package and there are separate downloads available for x86 and x64, not sure why it is different for x86/x64 if it's just a VHD, maybe it also contains extensions for Virtual PC to make it integrate with the desktop - also it doesn't seem big enough to include a VHD, maybe it downloads the VHD once you've installed it.

That screenshot is from XPde, a desktop environment for linux.
It's one of the screenshots available from their site:

hougtimo

Post by hougtimo »

Interesting...

FarCry3r
Donator

Post by FarCry3r »

It seems like you've seen download links for it, but where? Didn't see one on WVPC page though...

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

dionet wrote: That screenshot is from XPde, a desktop environment for linux.
Now I have heard of Microsoft doing some odd things but this... WHY!

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

can't wait to try out the RC, got the computer ready to test with but will probably VPC it first.

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

hypr wrote:can't wait to try out the RC, got the computer ready to test with but will probably VPC it first.
Vpc a vpc, are you sure you can do that in this case? It is RC it is pretty safe to install (as long as install works good, which it does on most).

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

hypr wrote:can't wait to try out the RC, got the computer ready to test with but will probably VPC it first.
You must uninstall Microsoft Virtual PC 2004/2007 before running this one.
It also says it in an error dialog box.

It is just Virtual PC 2007, but some polished up things from Hyper V and Med-V.

ViennaXP
Donator

Post by ViennaXP »

can somebody upload the offical German Language Pack, i want to change my english 7100 in German
Tower PC: Windows 8 x64 with Media Center, I forgot the specs
iMac 21,5 Mid 2011: 2,7 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB, 1 TB HDD, OS X 10.7
Macbook Pro Retina Early 2013: 2,7GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, a fancy dGPU, 256 GB SSD, OS X 10.8

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

dionet wrote:

That screenshot is from XPde, a desktop environment for linux.
Any idea why they did that? Thats quite funny

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

FarCry3r wrote:It seems like you've seen download links for it, but where? Didn't see one on WVPC page though...
It's on the TechNet subscriber downloads site, under Applications > Windows Virtual PC