Video Card of Mo'bo Problem?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
xdragonfly

Video Card of Mo'bo Problem?

Post by xdragonfly »

I just bought an ATI 512mb PC Express 16 card and a new motherboard and processor. (x64) The video card of course uses the digital plug instead of the standard vga plug. I bought a new monitor (flat panel) and for some reason I am not getting video. I have tried several monitors and still nothing. Someone originally suggested the power supply was not large enough. I am now using a 900 watt power supply. I don't think that is the problem. It has two 2gb ram chips in it and everything seems to power on. Any suggestions on what to test next?

xdragonfly

win98
Donator

Post by win98 »

What are the amperages on 12v+ 5v+ 3v+ on the PSU? What is the PSU brand? If its not a common one and is generic then it could cause problems later on as the generic ones are not usally rated correctly. Post the brand here and we can tell you if its a good one. Do you get any beeps? Try reseat everything as well as this could be the prob. If not then try with just the bare basics plugged in cpu 1 stick ram video card and psu and see if it works if so then figure out whats stopping it by plugging in extra stuff one by one. Or if it doesn't then you need to start looking at the PSU and motherboard. Post the results.

Rioter
Donator

Post by Rioter »

From a personal point of view, this is why I have always hated ATi Graphic cards, because the last one I got the DVI port didn't work and I was fuming at the end of it all.

Naturally I would like to know the solution as well.

My suggestion would be check ATi control panel and see if there's a button to enable it.

OG

Post by OG »

If the card only has dvi and its the dvi not working then how can he check the ati control panel if he cant even get video? Besides, if it only has dvi then it shouldn't even need enabling as it will be the only and defualt output, apart from maybe tv out which usualy does need setting up.

Does your monitor(s) have dvi in? Or are you using a dvi-vga adapter? Does the mobo have onboard video? Any expansion card should take priority if it does but you never know. Does it require additional power? It will have its own 6 or 8 pin plug if it does, make sure its plugged in correctly. If all else fails, return it and get a replacement. If the replacement doesnt work either then look towards your mobo as being the culprit.

bob78h

Post by bob78h »

Hmm I also have an ATI card (HD4850), its got 2 DVI ports but a DVI to VGA adapter was included, and using that my monitor works fine. Try that first, like OG said make sure its all plugged in right. Also have you tried the second DVI port (if there is one?). Hope this helps...