My New Project: Windows Codename "Neuron" WIP

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
JustDC

My New Project: Windows Codename "Neuron" WIP

Post by JustDC »

hi there! please check out my new mod for vista, codename neuron at http://justdc.deviantart.com/art/Window ... -103825436

heres a wip screenshot:

Admin edit: The image is thumbnailed for a reason. Do NOT remove it. Next time I'll remove the entire image.

Thanx and i hope u like it
JustDC[/img]

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

Justin, I'd suggest you keep this to a theme. If I could get that as a theme or even hack-required theme it may be a very nice addition, it really does look cool!

As for trying to create your own windows mod, I'd be careful, there are already far too many out there, and there are also far too many projects which spiral out of control and end up never being complete (With thier developers going off to do other things).

Really cool theme - very simple, very clear. Well done.

lucas93

Post by lucas93 »

The new start bar look pretty nice.
Post some more pics when you update the UI more.

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

I agree with Andrew, most projects wind up either being a disgrace or a disaster.
As far as the theme goes, I like it, its very... orbless.

JustDC

Post by JustDC »

jabster wrote:I agree with Andrew, most projects wind up either being a disgrace or a disaster.
As far as the theme goes, I like it, its very... orbless.
yeah, when i thought of the idea, i really didnt want to use a start orb. i thought, "why continue using the stupid orb for the start button when all the current Applications like office 2007 and all the ribbon ui's, and all the os's like vista and 7 use it? so i went with something new i found on devart.

and as for the people who just want this to be a theme: i wasn't gonna make this a big project. just a theme and some modded dll's. but i am gonna work really hard on making it as awesome as can be lol.

~JustDC

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

i love it!
Maybe you could make a thin taskbar version...
i'd love it.
Thanks!

JustDC

Post by JustDC »

thanx ;D

Ambig

Post by Ambig »

Chicago wrote:i love it!
Maybe you could make a thin taskbar version...
i'd love it.
Thanks!
And a glass taskbar.

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

hey i use to use that image as my main desktop, i say you should just make the theme not a modified os cause thats what it seams your really good at.

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

Sidenote: If your going to put that wallpaper in anything you release, you'll need to get the permission of the person who made it.

JustDC

Re: My New Project: Windows Codename "Neuron" WIP

Post by JustDC »

kewl thanx everyone. lately ive been making a lot of new projects but ive decided to stick with designing Radonum Shell (my windows shell alternative for vista) as a long term project. You can check it out at http://radonumshell.webs.com . ill be posting a new topic with more info of it very soon in this board (os customization)

Thanx,
JustDC