Filter blocks ..

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
The Distractor

Filter blocks ..

Post by The Distractor »

.. Yahoo.

(And yes, the screenshot shows it _doesn't_ block Mibbit)

zeehonden_3

Post by zeehonden_3 »

I get this massage always when i'm on internet at school. For almost every website it is blocked (even wikipedia...)

A hint for if you don't want to have this block: Download Firefox portable or Opera portable, install it on your USB stick, and launch it from there. For me it works. No blocks!

RichardG867

Post by RichardG867 »

Isn't Bloxx a hardware filter?

My school has no connection.
My course uses Squid... sometimes it incorrectly blocks <some social network from Google which is being replaced by Twitter --26/Nov/2009> and employees uses imo.im behind the scenes. Still 1mbps broadband (ADSL without phone number)...
Last edited by RichardG867 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeehonden_3

Post by zeehonden_3 »

RichardGatinho wrote:Isn't Bloxx a hardware filter?

My school has no connection.
My course uses Squid... sometimes it incorrectly blocks Orkut and employees uses imo.im behind the scenes. Still 1mbps broadband (ADSL without phone number)...
I don't know, but it really works to me.

Chicago

Post by Chicago »

Well, it also works for me.
I dunno why, but well... We have blocked some sites at school, but since we use our laptops (some of us) then it's no problem.
Firefox Portable works fine for me!

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

ive tried everything for my school but they have everything going on through the server as a proxy so no matter how you connect if you want to go out the website cant be on their list :/

zeehonden_3

Post by zeehonden_3 »

zamadatix wrote:ive tried everything for my school but they have everything going on through the server as a proxy so no matter how you connect if you want to go out the website cant be on their list :/
There is always a way to go to the site you like. You can try for e.g. to put cmd on your USB stick, launch it, typ in this command: 'ping http://www.whereyouwanttogo.com' and than you copy the IP that you get and go to there. (I read this, don't know if it works, i've never tried because I don't have to...)

Doesn't even webproxies help?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

zeehonden_3 wrote:
zamadatix wrote:ive tried everything for my school but they have everything going on through the server as a proxy so no matter how you connect if you want to go out the website cant be on their list :/
There is always a way to go to the site you like. You can try for e.g. to put cmd on your USB stick, launch it, typ in this command: 'ping http://www.whereyouwanttogo.com' and than you copy the IP that you get and go to there. (I read this, don't know if it works, i've never tried because I don't have to...)

that worked for some sites at school when i was there (great way to send someone to lemon party)

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

___ wrote:
zeehonden_3 wrote:

that worked for some sites at school when i was there (great way to send someone to lemon party)
or you could just type cmd in the run menu my school isnt bad about that, but even if i convert the ip to decimal (tried in 5th grade for ip and found out decimal ip in 7th) it doesnt work.

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

cmd.exe doesn't work, command.com does ( already know )
that pesky hardware filter blocks anything if you use the IP address.

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

The Distractor wrote:cmd.exe doesn't work, command.com does ( already know )
what do you mean they both open the same thing (and o save time just type cmd it will go to it same as calc opens calculator.exe)

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

zamadatix wrote:
what do you mean they both open the same thing (and o save time just type cmd it will go to it same as calc opens calculator.exe)
If I remember correctly, if CMD doesn't work it isn't an NT os (even if CMD cannot be opened there must be a message that it's disabled by the administrator).

And command.com isn't present on NT systems, on 9x system it is.

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

DjRob wrote:
zamadatix wrote:
If I remember correctly, if CMD doesn't work it isn't an NT os (even if CMD cannot be opened there must be a message that it's disabled by the administrator).

do you mean doesn't work at all because i know [censored] well (school uses xp and i do to) it opens and works with cmd, after all that's how some startup shortcuts are made by the IT for when you log on...

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

zamadatix wrote:
DjRob wrote:
zamadatix wrote:

do you mean doesn't work at all because i know [censored] well (school uses xp and i do to) it opens and works with cmd, after all that's how some startup shortcuts are made by the IT for when you log on...
CMD can be disabled by Group Policy's and there is an option in that policy to parse the commands in the NETLOGON folder (creating shortcuts and drives).

How do I know this, I have gone to school to become an IT Administrator and this is basic stuff so do not [censored] me about it.

If you want I can take an screenshot of it what I mean, that still the computer can use CMD but the user not.

And COMMAND.COM isn't present in XP, it can that it has been upgraded from 98 or any other 9x then the command.com is kept in the root of the drive.

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

just because it can be blocked doesnt mean it is... so in my case it DOES work at my school as i said... my school doesnt block anything file wise just the internet

Whistler_fan
Donator

Post by Whistler_fan »

Just put this code in a CMD file, and you have your own CMD!

Code: Select all

@echo off
title MyCMD
:start
set /p command= Enter command ^>
%command%
goto start
and to get admin rights (this will work sometimes) use NukeMyRights, that program will give you full admin rights over your PC

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

DjRob wrote: If I remember correctly, if CMD doesn't work it isn't an NT os (even if CMD cannot be opened there must be a message that it's disabled by the administrator).

cmd.exe gives a "disabled by admin" message
and about command.com .. it's there for putting DOS startup on floppies.
it should be %systemroot%\system32\command.com

and how about this for a batch file--

@%systemroot%\system32\command.com

zamadatix
Donator

Post by zamadatix »

The Distractor wrote:
DjRob wrote: If I remember correctly, if CMD doesn't work it isn't an NT os (even if CMD cannot be opened there must be a message that it's disabled by the administrator).

cmd.exe gives a "disabled by admin" message
and about command.com .. it's there for putting DOS startup on floppies.
it should be %systemroot%\system32\command.com

and how about this for a batch file--

@%systemroot%\system32\command.com
err, there's a portable version you can put on anything at portable apps.com which i use.