A Microsoft parody company, ManiaSoft.

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Kenneth
Donator

A Microsoft parody company, ManiaSoft.

Post by Kenneth »

This is just plain hilarious!

Windes xFeel, Cerebellum Backup '05, come on! Even I could think of better ideas.

http://www.maniasoft.com/ is the link for their Microsoft ripoff site. They even copied PressPass!

WARNING: Some of the website parts are broken!

What it does?
TrueColorPix16© Technology does a mix of adapted colors (Not visible buy eyes) but it seems to increase the number of colors in a picture or graphics.

Invented by Maniasoft Research Center(MRC), users of obsolete computers find it more beautiful even on a 16 colors display.

Images and pictures are not scaled down with error diffusion. The TrueColorPix16© Technology is a mix of 'Error diffusion and despeckle' corrected by an analogic software that recognize more that 16000 colors scalable down to TrueColorPix16© Technology. Some pictures can't be scaled down but Windes is adapted for up to 65535 colors optimized by TrueColorPix16© Technology.

TrueColorPix16© is a copyright of Maniasoft Corporation and can't be used in any other application.
TrueColorPix16(TM) Technology... , Hmmmm...I thought this was in Photoshop.

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Hehe, made me giggle. It's kinda like CalmiraXP but really, really bad. Yay! I get the glory of Luna without the crappiness of proper wireless, stable bluetooth and NT.

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

I'm wgeting everything to see if there are any freebies.

EDIT: Only has Cerebellum '05, DacSoft, AntiDial, and SecuriFile. No Windes sadly.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Yeah regarding this back on the old WinBoards around 2004 we trashed them apart. Windes x(xx)Feel ended up being a few shitty apps written in VB 3 and bundled a reshacked IE 2 or 3, which did not have the "XP Themes". Windes 2000 and Windes ME (which you can get if you do an HTTrack on the domain) are written in GW-Basic.

Calimira is much better.

JunkMailBuster is junk too, it just filters out emails that contain words in a text file. NBC was one of them which made me go WTF.

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

Very interesting, IDA time!

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Sadly I don't recall which EMail address I had the download link sent to.

ADD: I only got xFeel after massive phone trolling.

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

which you can get if you do an HTTrack on the domain
Where exactly is it?