Yo Fault Insurance!

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
stitch
Permanently Banned

Yo Fault Insurance!

Post by stitch »

In Illinois, where I live, among many other regions around the world, government is making car insurance mandatory, with hefty punishments for not carrying it. A lot of people i know are getting in a shitload of trouble getting caught without it, thus I created this card.

Atleast you and the cop can get in a last laugh.

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Wow, I had no idea. I figured car insurance was obligatory everywhere, it should be atleast. Here in Sweden you're automatically signed up with an overpriced company if you don't get one yourself, the premium price is sort of a punishment for not getting a proper one.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Wisconsin is one of the only U.S. states where it's not mandatory, and I live about 15 miles from the state line, so a lot of drivers (usually in pos 500$ cars) don't get it, and hope they don't hit you, well if one of those drivers hit me, and my car is worth $10k, well, i'm the one who's gonna suffer more, even though i wouldn't be at fault.

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Never mind the suffering, who the hell's gonna pay for the repairs? If he hits you it's his fault and you'll have a hard time getting your insurance company to pay for the damage he caused. Insurance here comes in three stages, the cheapest one just pays for any damage you cause when you hit someone. That should be mandatory everywhere.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

ddew wrote:Never mind the suffering, who the hell's gonna pay for the repairs? If he hits you it's his fault and you'll have a hard time getting your insurance company to pay for the damage he caused. Insurance here comes in three stages, the cheapest one just pays for any damage you cause when you hit someone. That should be mandatory everywhere.
That's what i ment by suffering! That's when A) my insurance picks it up, B) I take him to court, or C) i pay out of pocket, now I have full coverage on my car so I really don't worry but I don't want the rates to hike.

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Zimmy wrote:
ddew wrote:Never mind the suffering, who the hell's gonna pay for the repairs? If he hits you it's his fault and you'll have a hard time getting your insurance company to pay for the damage he caused. Insurance here comes in three stages, the cheapest one just pays for any damage you cause when you hit someone. That should be mandatory everywhere.
That's what i ment by suffering! That's when A) my insurance picks it up, B) I take him to court, or C) i pay out of pocket, now I have full coverage on my car so I really don't worry but I don't want the rates to hike.
Heh, sounds like US insurance companies are a pain to work with. My company gladly picked up a claim I had on a guy and they in turn are bleeding him dry for the foreseeable future. Not autoinsurance but one would think it applies to that as well. My insurance even paid for any costs that popped up in legal fees, like a proper lawyer etc.

leonbollerup
Donator

Post by leonbollerup »

Hey ddew,

I dident know your from sweden.. i'm up in norbotten myself.. prety damn cold up here >