Goodbye iWinUX!

New news and release discussion.
Andy
Administrator

Goodbye iWinUX!

Post by Andy »

Goodbye iWinUX!

www.iwinux.net redirects to http://chris123nt.com/suspended.page/ so its either hacked or a fake attempt at looking like its shut down

Gotta laugh though

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

chris123nt was the admin of it. thank god it is gone now... it was more or less just a bunch of retards on it in the last month

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Was thinking of posting this earlier, but thought better of it.

I'm guessing it's an attempt to get out of the whole thing with as few questions asked as possible.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Is this a bad joke or what

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Ludacris wrote:chris123nt was the admin of it. thank god it is gone now... it was more or less just a bunch of retards on it in the last month
Shut the [censored] up Daniel

I was posting there and I think you'll find I'm not a retard.

You ruined that community and Chris and BSOD did a great job of making it a great community again along with other staff members.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

bns06 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:chris123nt was the admin of it. thank god it is gone now... it was more or less just a bunch of retards on it in the last month

You ruined that community and Chris and BSOD did a great job of making it a great community again along with other staff members.
Now now people, Daniel didn't say any names, so he may not have even referred to you. Be nice and do not flame. This is a discussion about why its shut down, not a topic to flame members.

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

bns06 wrote:

i ruined it??? what kind of brainwashing did sam, chris and bsod did to you guys? Hounsell, luk001, mitchell, amon and I built the [censored] up while sam just sat there and did nothing...

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Andy wrote:
bns06 wrote:

Now now people, Daniel didn't say any names, so he may not have even referred to you. Be nice and do not flame. This is a discussion about why its shut down, not a topic to flame members.
Indeed. "More or Less" is hardly inclusive of everyone. And while Daniel did (through ignorance) accidentally delete the iWinUX database some time ago, Chris seems to have intentionally shut it, sort of negating the progress you believe it had made. I can't see this helping matters even if it did come back now...

bns06

Post by bns06 »

'Bunch of retards' he clearly did. Plus I knew and was friends with the people posting therefore he needs to shut up.

It was closed down because of to many arguments that were going down and things need to be cleared up.

Topic can be closed now, as I've told you why it was closed.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Ludacris wrote:
bns06 wrote:

i ruined it??? what kind of brainwashing did sam, chris and bsod did to you guys? Hounsell, luk001, mitchell, amon and I built the [censored] up while sam just sat there and did nothing...
Daniel I was there from the early days to I need no 'brainwashing' everything you do fails. I was there and I saw exact;y what happened.

You don't know wtf your talking about.

As I've said, you know why it closed no need for the topic.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Hey guys, calm a bit.

As bad as Daniel's mistake was for iWinUX, it was far from what ruined the community. For that, you'd have to look about what happened with the staff during that period. You can't deny that it was the far more damaging event. They made a lot of enemies during that period, and the fact remains that those who ran it afterwards made no attempt to restore those relations

As someone told me, the forum was nothing like what it was intended to be by the end, and maybe that's what really led it off course. It went to far from what it was set out to do. It appealed to a different group of people.

You also can't deny that some areas were intended to directly rival other forums, such as a download system with Public access, and where you could post and gain access to betas. Sound familiar anyone? Not to mention that some of the content was originally taken straight from the BA FTP. Then endless unfulfilled promises of something new coming for members didn't help either.

In the end, iWinUX seemed to have become a forum without a defined purpose, and they all go sooner or later.

tehosc

Post by tehosc »

Kudos to what Daniel and Tom said. It was bound to fail. Those who smelt it failing; weren't on drugs or anything. And this is what we have... the result.

Sam, he hosted the site. I think he was the brainwashed here. They took over his community; because he doesn't go online often... they took that as an advantage to recreate a BetaXP-like scenario. Not to my surprise, BetaXP failed due to the retards. (I'm not naming them.) You seen it happening to iWinUX. So History repeats itself.

I knew this earlier on it would happen. That's why I lost my contribution to the forum. I feel bad for Sam. Those such as Chris, BSOD were and ARE the ones to blame.

It's shut down now. And there's nothing we can do about it.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

like, i lol how he registered the domain in march of this year, and had it registered until 2011, and now he doesn't use it. lol, dongs.

plus, we have too many of these communities, and the majority of them are the cancer of the internet, not like we need another one for talking about the same kinda crap.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Swift C. wrote:Kudos to what Daniel and Tom said. It was bound to fail. Those who smelt it failing; weren't on drugs or anything. And this is what we have... the result.

Sam, he hosted the site. I think he was the brainwashed here. They took over his community; because he doesn't go online often... they took that as an advantage to recreate a BetaXP-like scenario. Not to my surprise, BetaXP failed due to the retards. (I'm not naming them.) You seen it happening to iWinUX. So History repeats itself.

I knew this earlier on it would happen. That's why I lost my contribution to the forum. I feel bad for Sam. Those such as Chris, BSOD were and ARE the ones to blame.

It's shut down now. And there's nothing we can do about it.
Chris and BSOD are not to blame in anyway. You don't know what the hell your on about, your not staff at iWinUX.

Chris and BSOD greatly improved the site, the hosting, the quality, the staff. Everything.

The staff that came from BetaXP weren't there any more unless you didn't realise.

It wasn't failing, it was the fact that certain members were arguing and idiots coming onto the board's saying stupid things, thus it was shut down to stop these arguments.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Zimmy wrote:like, i lol how he registered the domain in march of this year, and had it registered until 2011, and now he doesn't use it. lol, dongs.

plus, we have too many of these communities, and the majority of them are the cancer of the internet, not like we need another one for talking about the same kinda crap.
Dongs? Wtf? who the [censored] do you think you are?!

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Moved to Prevent Flaming continuing

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Stop the flaming or bans will be issued.

It seems iWinUX is back now, for some unknown reason.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

It's back as the minor issue was fixed.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

bns06 wrote:It's back as the minor issue was fixed.
How was the page displayed a "minor error". That is what I can't understand.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Just a few behind the scenes problems

And Chris has a great sense of humour so set that as the redirect page

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

bns06 wrote:Just a few behind the scenes problems

And Chris has a great sense of humour so set that as the redirect page
Well to be honest anyone that has that sort of sense of humor I wouldn't trust, since its just not funny, especially to the loyal members of the site who may now never visit again in fear of facing legal action just for visiting the site, since the page did say "against its members" or words to that effect.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

I bet a few people are gonna be too scared to go back now though...

bns06

Post by bns06 »

Hes 100% trustworthy and many of the loyal members have approached me asking whats wrong so thats fine.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

bns06 wrote:Hes 100% trustworthy...
If he was then why did he close the site down and lie to the members? Thats not trustworthiness thats blatant lying and deception.

bns06

Post by bns06 »

How did he lie?

He put up a redirect page which made most of us laugh