THIS IS NOT LONGHORN!!!!!

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
J.Byrne
Donator

THIS IS NOT LONGHORN!!!!!

Post by J.Byrne »

I know i'm still a newbie here, and this is my first post, but theres somthing that i'm seeing alot which is irritating me, and i'm sure many other people:
People constantly asking about the video shown above, and saying things like "were can i find this"
THIS IS NOT LONGHORN
this is a concept video microsoft made of longhorn, and if you even read the youtube page you would know this.
Some of the 3XXX builds of longhorn have a little in common with whats shown, but dont come close

please, please stop asking about this as it is not an o.s, just some fancy video.

THIS IS NOT LONGHORN

Thankyou for letting me say all that.

If you see anyone askin about this, send em' this way

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

I share your frustration. Also, people claiming that the REAL videos of Longhorn are fake. (Look for 3718, 4015 and 4039 for example). It's funny how folks become experts overnight about something they have never seen before...

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Everyone thinks they are an expert on youtube

Then they come to here and similar forums, and they insist with the misinformation and seem to act as if the idea that people on youtube could be wrong is unbelievable.

QuiescentWonder
Donator

Post by QuiescentWonder »

hounsell wrote:Everyone thinks they are an expert on youtube
Don't you just mean "Everyone thinks they are an expert."

I usually just say "Everyone knows everything."

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

We share your pain. Sadly, many YouTube viewers immediately view anything they see as fact,
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

Yeah, its prolly because watching a video from youtube requires no effort, were actually reaserching and reading takes brain cells...

Frozenport
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

I sense that somebody on the internet will assert that 4074 wasn't real beacause its screen shot apeared on a fake longhorn thread
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

Luthian

Post by Luthian »

Yea, but that would have made an extremely sweet OS and a worthy update to XP (I like vista, I really do, but that concept blows it out of the water)

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

Frozenport wrote:I sense that somebody on the internet will assert that 4074 wasn't real beacause its screen shot apeared on a fake longhorn thread
Yeah, your right, i really shouldnt have taken that screenshot while running longhorn, my bad...