New news and release discussion.
m4rkuz

Windows 7 M1 Released :omg:

Post by m4rkuz »

Hi,

I found something amazing Guys!

Windows 7 M1 was released today !

here is the article:
Chicago (IL) - Several industry sources have confirmed to TG Daily that a very early version of Windows 7, previously code-named Blackcomb Vienna, already has been shipped to “key partners” as a “Milestone 1” (M1) code drop for validation purposes. A roadmap received by TG Daily indicates that the new operating system will be introduced in the second half of 2009.

While it has generally been believed that Windows 7 was scheduled for a 2010 debut, Microsoft has revised the roadmap and apparently moved up the release date by a few months: A recently distributed roadmap of the OS lists a release to manufacturing in H2 2009. Microsoft declined to comment on this date.

The current M1 drop is available to Microsoft partners in English only and has shipped in x86 and x64 versions. An interesting feature that has been highlighted by Microsoft is the ability of the M1 software to handle a heterogeneous graphics system consisting of multiple graphics cards from different vendors. A new version of the Media center is already integrated in this software, but supports PC speakers only at this time.

If Microsoft will be able to keep the H2 2009 RTM (and most likely) release date in place, the company will have two busy. The M2 code drop is currently scheduled for April/May 2008, M3 will follow in the third quarter. The dates for the first Beta and the release candidate are still listed as “To be determined” but it doesn’t take much to see that the first beta versions could become available a year from now.

We will have more clarity on when we could see Windows 7 going into production will when Microsoft announces Windows Logo Program Changes for Windows 7. According to the policy of the firm, these changes will be announced 18 months prior to the scheduled RTM.

There are very few pieces of information about Windows 7 and the features it will bring available at this time. So far, we have heard only about new touchscreen features as well as – and probably most interesting – MinWin, a much smaller kernel of the operating system that takes up only 40 MB of memory.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35641/118/

markus

PS: Lets hope it will leak![/code]

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Cool stuff, the schedule seems promising. Hopefully we'll have a leak of this
Last edited by ddew on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beta Freak

Post by Beta Freak »

Please leak lol.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I want to have it right NOW

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

hope it leaks

m4rkuz

Post by m4rkuz »

Me want to have it, too

btw this amazing message made my day now xD

Btw2 : A friend said he has connections to a big MSFT partner , and he will try tomorrow to get informations /screens

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

Who is interested in screens HE SHOULD GET THE BUILD!!! (also with cover and label )

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Min-win alone is enough to wet your pants. Doubt we'd be seeing any major changes this early on but I'd kill (well, almost) to mess around with min-win.

livelonger87

Post by livelonger87 »

Ah!! [censored] YES!! MADE MY DAY!!

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

schweet!

constrictor
Donator

Post by constrictor »

Damn i hope it leaks . Id install it on my main if it did.

inxsfan92

Post by inxsfan92 »

yes leaking would be good

iwanttogohome
Donator

Post by iwanttogohome »

hope it leaks that would really make my day

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

didn't longhorn get leaked till m3?, it would be pretty strange if this would even leak earlier, but you never know .

ddew
Donator

Post by ddew »

Wishful thinking ftw. I'd also want a Surface system and a few tablets. while you're at it.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

bet $100 it don't leak

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

like most TAP builds don't leaked, most microsoft key partners are able to keep their words, unlike beta testers who agrees on the NDA and leaks it the next minute.
This is one of the reason why microsoft doesn't really want to release builds to tester, but they wanted customer feedbacks, so they are stuck with releasing monthly builds during betas.

KenOath

Post by KenOath »

XDude wrote:like most TAP builds don't leaked, most microsoft key partners are able to keep their words, unlike beta testers who agrees on the NDA and leaks it the next minute.
& you can bet they'll all be tagged releases...

zchri9
Donator

Post by zchri9 »

if it leaks ill be happy

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

wow, i really want a leak, would be nice to see the next windows

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

Milestone 1? This'll mean what, they've got a GUI now?

The new Windows 7 includes the GUI of Windows 3.x, just because it works and can be used by developers to write software for the new system. It looks like Windows 3.00 that someone's managed to get Calmira on.

:):)

Now that would make my day, just because of the pure ludicris stupidity and irony of it.

PS: agreed - leakage!
Long days, and pleasant nights.

livelonger87

Post by livelonger87 »

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... %26hl%3Den

Check it out guys!!

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

Awww I was expecting a build then, but it's just screen photos .
Long days, and pleasant nights.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

that are no real photos afaik, these were just design shots, not a real os.

livelonger87

Post by livelonger87 »

Concepts they are. It includes a video concept of the OS which I have posted not long ago