Whistler builds from AbyssUnderground FTP

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
sp4rkbr

Whistler builds from AbyssUnderground FTP

Post by sp4rkbr »

Hey I don't know if this is the right place to post it, if it is not, I'd ask for a moderator to move it.
I've been getting some Whistler builds from AbyssUnderground and 2 of the ones I got are corrupted. Could someone confirm this?
The builds are 2250 Professional and 2296 Professional.

Another thing, is some of them are not bootable. Is there a way to make them bootable? Installing them from winnt.exe takes forever to copy the files to hard disk (of it is just a Virtual PC issue?).

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by sp4rkbr on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Ill check these on the server now.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

2250 is fine, and 2296 is also fine. Your downloads are corrupting so download them again or see if your ISP is having issues.

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

Andy wrote:2250 is fine, and 2296 is also fine. Your downloads are corrupting so download them again or see if your ISP is having issues.
Thanks! Thats weird, I'm downloading them with flashget, and only these two came corrupted...
Well, so I'm going to download them again. Bad thing my speed is low, but whatever.

What about the non bootable issue? Is there a way to make them bootable? :\

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:2250 is fine, and 2296 is also fine. Your downloads are corrupting so download them again or see if your ISP is having issues.
Thanks! Thats weird, I'm downloading them with flashget, and only these two came corrupted...
Well, so I'm going to download them again. Bad thing my speed is low, but whatever.

You should use a proper client (EG FileZilla). Most people seem to have issues with FlashGet (at least thats the trend I've seen).

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:

You should use a proper client (EG FileZilla). Most people seem to have issues with FlashGet (at least thats the trend I've seen).
Thx for the info.
But -sigh- i think I got my IP banned now

Code: Select all

[13:22:43] 550 No connections allowed from your IP
I was just going to browse the ftp again I got it. Is it because i was already downloading something?...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:

Thx for the info.

I was just going to browse the ftp again I got it. Is it because i was already downloading something?...
That must've been the IP I banned for trying to open more than 4 connections.

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:

Thx for the info.

That must've been the IP I banned for trying to open more than 4 connections.
Argg
I was downloading a whistler and tried to browse the ftp at same time...
Can i be unbanned?

KenOath

Post by KenOath »

The problem Iv'e found in the past is the ISO being rarred is sometimes
corrupt, then it is packed using winrar...
Then when checking the rarred archive it checks out to be OK when in
fact the ISO was corrupt before packing it...
ALL builds of 2509 getting around the OSBA servers was like this...
Every rarred download checked out to be OK, yet every ISO within the
downloaded archive was corrupt, took years to finally find a good one...
2462 Datacenter was the same...

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

I got banned again, and this time I wasn't doing nothing with the ftp at all. I don't know whats wrong

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:I got banned again, and this time I wasn't doing nothing with the ftp at all. I don't know whats wrong
You keep either attempting to connect over 4 times, or you got the password/login wrong 10 times.

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:I got banned again, and this time I wasn't doing nothing with the ftp at all. I don't know whats wrong
You keep either attempting to connect over 4 times, or you got the password/login wrong 10 times.
Thats pretty weird. Must be flashget issue. I was still using it because I was finishing the download I started there, and i got banned when there was 2mb left to finish.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
Thats pretty weird. Must be flashget issue. I was still using it because I was finishing the download I started there, and i got banned when there was 2mb left to finish.
I already told you FlashGet has issues. Get yourself a proper client and you won't get banned if you set the options properly.

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
I already told you FlashGet has issues. Get yourself a proper client and you won't get banned if you set the options properly.
I know, I already installed filezilla as I said I was just finishing the download I started with flashget.

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

To make the Whistler CD bootable, you need an ISO editor (I recommend MagicISO since this is what I used) and the Windows XP/2000 CD boot sector..
  • After installing MagicISO, open your Whistler ISO or rip it from a CD.
  • Then, in the tools menu, click Load Boot Image
  • Click the option "From bootable Image File"
  • Then browse to the XP Boot sector file.
  • Save it
  • Burn it if necessary
  • And your done

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:I know, I already installed filezilla as I said I was just finishing the download I started with flashget.
You can finish the download with FileZilla, thats what "resume" is for.

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

mdogg wrote:To make the Whistler CD bootable, you need an ISO editor (I recommend MagicISO since this is what I used) and the Windows XP/2000 CD boot sector..
  • After installing MagicISO, open your Whistler ISO or rip it from a CD.
  • Then, in the tools menu, click Load Boot Image
  • Click the option "From bootable Image File"
  • Then browse to the XP Boot sector file.
  • Save it
  • Burn it if necessary
  • And your done
Thanks a lot, it worked!
Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:I know, I already installed filezilla as I said I was just finishing the download I started with flashget.
You can finish the download with FileZilla, thats what "resume" is for.
Ok I just didn't know FileZilla could resume downloads started using Flashget.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

sp4rkbr wrote:Ok I just didn't know FileZilla could resume downloads started using Flashget.
In theory you should be able to resume downloads started from any client.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
It happens because FlashGet for default opens about 5 slots for every file that are in fact 5 connections. Try to set it in options or close some slots

sp4rkbr

Post by sp4rkbr »

FiFi wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:
Andy wrote:
It happens because FlashGet for default opens about 5 slots for every file that are in fact 5 connections. Try to set it in options or close some slots
Damn yea I noticed it now. Makes sence
Thank you hehe

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

Andy wrote:
sp4rkbr wrote:Ok I just didn't know FileZilla could resume downloads started using Flashget.
It can't, because they work differently. FileZilla writes to the file at its end, increasing its size gradually, while FlashGet allocates space for the entire file when you start the download, and writes to it randomly. The end result is that if you try to resume a FlashGet download using FileZilla, it'll just say it's done and won't do anything.

motherboardlove
Donator

Post by motherboardlove »

Andy wrote:
In theory - with all these commercial software stuff around, they want to keep you away from competitor's softwares as much as possible

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

motherboardlove wrote:
Andy wrote:
In theory - with all these commercial software stuff around, they want to keep you away from competitor's softwares as much as possible
Err, bump and a half? Over a year. Read the rules. This is your ONLY WARNING or you will be banned.